From USAJOBS Help
To apply for a job, there are four basic steps:
1. Create an account
- Enter your profile information and create a resume.
Please note that you do not need to create a "My Account" to search for jobs, but you must create an account to apply for jobs online.
2. Search jobs
- Use basic search to enter in job and location keyword information from the USAJOBS home page or
- the advanced search function. Review the job opportunity announcements and note of those of
- interest. Carefully review the "Qualification and Evaluation" section to determine whether you
- will qualify for the position.
3. Apply for jobs
- Carefully follow the instructions in the "How to Apply" section for each announcement. Submit
- any additional documentation to verify your qualifications such as transcripts, SF-50 Notification
- of Personnel Action, and/or Veterans' Form DD-214.
4. Manage Your Career
- Log into your account to obtain application status for positions for which you have applied.
- Contact the agency for specific follow-up questions or those related to the particular job. The
- agency contact information is listed on the right-hand side of the announcement.
Return to Top Ten FAQ