From USAJOBS Help
An Interchange Agreement may exist between the Office of Personnel Management and a Federal agency with an established merit system in the excepted service, under Civil Service Rule 6.7 (5 CFR 6.7). These agreements allow employees of such agencies to move to the competitive service without further competition. Existing interchange agreements between OPM and the following agencies include the following:
- Tennessee Valley Authority âˆ’ Covers employees in salary policy positions (trade and labor positions are not covered).
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Veterans Health Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs âˆ’ Covers employees who occupy medical or medical-related positions and were appointed under 38 U.S.C. 7401(1) or (3) [formerly 38 U.S.C. 4104(1) and (3)].
- Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) employees of the Department of Defense
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration
- Corporation for National and Community Service âˆ’ This agreement includes employees assigned to the Office of the Inspector General (OIG). Agreement expires 7/28/12.
For additional information, click Interchange agreements.