From USAJOBS Help
Federal Employee Compensation Package: Itâ€™s More than Just Salary
Youâ€™re making a great choice when you choose a career with the U.S. Government. In addition to your take-home pay, our comprehensive compensation/benefits package is highly attractive. As a federal employee, you and your family have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Some of the most popular benefits include:
- Salary- Federal Government offers competitive pay, with most positions based on the General Schedule (GS)pay system.
- Flexible Work Schedules- Maintain valuable contributions to your work group or office while working remotely or by operating on a non-traditional work schedule.
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time- Enjoy paid and non-paid time off through our generous leave programs. You may also qualify for a higher leave accrual rate because of your non-federal work experience or uniformed service.
- Commuter Subsidies- Subsidies are available in some localities to offset work-related commuting expenses by utilizing public transportation.
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Child Care
- Commuter Subsidies
- Medical Benefits
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Elder Care
- Employee Assistance and Referral
- Leave for the Care of Family Members
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Incentives and Awards
- Life Insurance
- Loan Forgiveness
- Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Overseas Compensation
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Retirement Benefits and Pension Plan
- Same-Sex Domestic Partner Benefits
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Volunteer Activities/Community Service
- Wellness and Fitness
Return to Main Page