From USAJOBS Help
Agencies typically seek candidates from one of the three following eligibility categories:
- In the competitive service in the Executive Branch or in a position not in the Executive branch specifically included in the competitive service by statute, or
- In an excepted service position covered by an interchange agreement, or
- Eligible for reinstatement?
A Veteran eligible for veterans' preference or separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous military service?
A person with non-competitive appointment eligibility?
- No â€“ I do not fall into one of the categories listed above and will therefore see jobs open to U.S. Citizens
- Yes â€“ I fall into one of the categories listed above and will therefore see jobs for Federal Employees